What’s on the Menu? Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Posted on July 08 2017
This recipe hits home for me when I’m feeling lazy. It’s such a yummy soup recipe that I feel like a lot of people miss. My fav chicken tortilla soup was on the menu in this house last night (well apartment) (feeding one) and guess who’s eating some now I guarantee you will love this recipe if you make it. Here’s how! :
Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup~
Ingredients: shredded chicken, 1 avocado, grilled tortilla strips, 2 limes, 6 cups chicken broth, 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 1 can black beans (drained), cheese, and cilantro. Add jalapeños if you want to make it spicy!
- Cook chicken separate and shred. Set aside.
- In one pot cook the onion with some vegetable oil and once that is soft add garlic and (jalapeños)
- Add tomatoes, beans, and chicken broth into the pot and bring to a boil
- Once that boils add shredded chicken that was previously cooked, lime juice, and some cilantro
- Stir all together and allow it to heat up.
- Grab a bowl and serve. Top with avocado slices, tortilla strips, and cheese and an extra lime wedge if wanted.
That’s it! Such an easy recipe for lunch and dinner. Enjoy! I know I did / AM!